Another very historic parish in the Diocese of St. Cloud. The parish dates from 1859 and is named in honer of St. Wendelin. A rather obscure saint, Wendelin was man of Scottish descent who was once a shepherd and who later founded the Benedictine Abbey of Tholey. He died around the year 617. St. Wendelin is the patron saint of "country folk and herdsmen," according to the History of St. Wendelin's Parish (1934).
The cornerstone for the present church was laid in 1872 and later dedicated on July 3, 1875 by Bishop Rupert Seidenbusch, O.S.B.. The structure is built from granite and is 50 x 114 feet. Its main walls are 1.5 feet thick and 28 feet high.
There is a small pipe organ from an unknown builder in the gallery.
St. Wendelin himself - with a sheep from his earlier shepherding days and mitre from his time as abbot.