In 1874 area priests began to occasionally celebrate Mass in Lyons. As both the town and the parish grew, it was possible for a permanent church to be constructed in 1884 and later enlarged in 1907. The parish continued to grow, necessitating the construction of the present church, which was dedicated on June 26, 1966. For more on the early history of the parish, click here.
Much of the work on the church interior was executed by local craftsmen and artisans. To read more about history and significance of the present building, click here.