St. Peter's Lutheran Church in Creston was organized by German immigrants in the early 1900s with the current church dating from 1916.
The interior of the church is quite simple and exhibits an eclectic mixture of Gothic and Romanesque Revival elements. The church also houses a small pipe organ built by the Vaughn Organ Company of Holdrege, Nebraska. For more information in this instrument, click here.
The simplicity of the structure itself demands that the furnishings and artwork become the center of attention. Overall the feeling of the space is intimate and pleasant.
The Romanesque Revival influence is seen in the gallery arch as well as in the arch above the sanctuary.
Three primary liturgical pieces: altar, pulpit, and font.
The lighting of the sanctuary make the altar painting of the Agony in the Garden come alive.
The windows feature various Christian symbols. This particular window draws on the imagery from Luther's famous text "A Mighty Fortress is Our God."