Across town from the humble Lisco Presbyterian Church stands the equally humble St. Gall Catholic Church.
The completion of the Union Pacific railroad saw the arrival of numerous Catholics in the Lisco area. So much so that in 1916 the present church was constructed under the supervision of Fr. T.J. O'Byrne of Scottsbluff (64 miles northwest of Lisco), who was ministering to Catholics in the Platte Valley. St. Gall eventually became a mission of Oshkosh and today is a mission of St. Joseph in Chappell.
This church holds the distinction of being the only church in Nebraska named in honor of St. Gall, a 7th Century Irish monastic.